Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Blogs > Roy Sanborn
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

» Site Navigation
» Quiz
» Articles - Information
» Recent Forum Threads
Winni Rainbows
09-22-2023 05:29 PM
by wjborow
Last post by ishoot308
Today 10:33 AM
8 Replies, 2,686 Views
Family Mystery - Appeal...
04-17-2024 09:53 PM
Last post by tis
Today 04:25 AM
23 Replies, 1,872 Views
Dave's boat shoppe ?
04-11-2024 07:22 AM
by posas
Last post by rick35
Yesterday 03:11 PM
35 Replies, 4,868 Views
Whirlpool - Warranty...
10-28-2022 04:46 AM
Last post by Descant
Yesterday 10:54 AM
41 Replies, 13,014 Views
Laconia State School...
03-14-2024 11:38 AM
Last post by John Mercier
Yesterday 08:03 AM
55 Replies, 6,949 Views
» Made in USA
Rate this Entry

Going to the Dogs - Dog Friendly Homes in Lakes Region of NH Real Estate

Submit "Going to the Dogs - Dog Friendly Homes in Lakes Region of NH Real Estate" to Facebook Submit "Going to the Dogs - Dog Friendly Homes in Lakes Region of NH Real Estate" to Digg Submit "Going to the Dogs - Dog Friendly Homes in Lakes Region of NH Real Estate" to Google Submit "Going to the Dogs - Dog Friendly Homes in Lakes Region of NH Real Estate" to Twitter
Posted 05-24-2013 at 12:56 PM by Roy Sanborn

Going to the Dogs - Dog Friendly Homes in Lakes Region of NH Real Estate

We got a new Boxer puppy this week to keep my older Dobe company and it got me thinking. Mostly about, “what was I thinking?” But what if things take a turn for the worse and my wife throws me out with the dogs. Where would I go? She loves the dogs as much, if not more than I do, but after a sleepless night with a 12 week old puppy anything could happen. It’s more likely that she would throw me out before the dogs, but I am considering the worst case scenario here. Anyway, we always have had a dog and sometimes two or three and we have always put our critter’s interests at the very top of the list when we were looking for property. If you love dogs, you know what I mean. You truly believe that a house is not a home unless you have a dog. And, more importantly, you understand that your dog is gracious enough to allow you live with him (or her) as long as you bring home the bacon, so to speak.

For us, a home has to have an adequate yard for the dogs to run and have relative seclusion or privacy. The biggest thing is that the yard has to be fenced and that’s hard to find. While an invisible fence works fine for many people, I like to keep the other critters out of the yard. I’m not saying that you should rule out a property that is not fenced if everything else works, but fencing in a half acre or an acre of land can get a little expensive.

So, what’s out there for property that you could consider “pet ready?” The open concept ranch at 35 Regan Way in Laconia does have a nice, but small, fenced in back yard. This place is probably more suitable for miniature and small breeds of dogs. Mastiffs should look elsewhere. I mentioned this property a few weeks ago as it is in “move in ready” condition for humans, too. This 1,560 square foot, three bed, two bath home was built in 2007 and features hardwood and tile floors, cathedral ceilings, an eat-in kitchen, a deck, full basement, and a two car garage. This home is offered at $269,900. I showed the MLS sheet to my Dobe and she rates it Two Bones Out Of Five. Our new Boxer has not seen enough property yet to rate anything.

A truly pet ready property is located at 200 Parade Road in Meredith. It is so ready that you can run your own pet boarding and grooming business there. Currently operated as the Four Paws Pet Inn, this property consists of a 1,248 square foot, open concept three bedroom, two bath home on four acres. It has a converted 800 square foot horse barn serving to keep fido comfy and three fenced in play yards. This contemporary style saltbox has a large great room with vaulted ceilings and stone fireplace, hardwood floors, a nice kitchen with granite countertops, a screened porch, and a sun deck. This sounds like a great opportunity for someone to take over a going concern and make a living off us crazy dog lovers that think nothing is too much for our furry friends. This property is priced at $315,000 and is rated Four Bone

My Dobe really liked the property at 241 Intervale Road in Canterbury as it is on a five acre lot with about an acre fenced in. She also liked the fact that it is an energy efficient, Crockett panel, log home with post and beam construction. I had to explain that it was not the Davy Crockett she saw on NetFlix the other day. But the house looks fantastic with 2,684 square feet of living space, three beds, three baths, great room with cathedral ceilings and stone fireplace, kitchen with granite counter tops, three season porch, and separate guest quarters. There’s also a kennel, but she thinks the guest quarters are more appropriate. We’d rate this property at Four Bones. It is on the market for $339,000 so take your pup for a ride and go take a look.

Lastly, there’s a Five Bone home located at 261 Clough Hill Road in Loudon. This property has 164 acres with 20 acres of pasture for the pups to roam on, a 9 stall dog run, in-floor heat so they stay toasty warm, and a gas fireplace to curl up to. The high quality house was built in 2004 and has 4,328 square feet of living space, five bedrooms with a first floor master suite, four and a half baths, a custom kitchen with granite counter tops and stainless appliances, library, a sunroom, and even a 48’ x 48’ four stall horse barn for what my Dobe thinks are very, very tall dogs. As this property is on the market for $995,000 it is obviously not in every dog’s price range. Do you know how many bags of dog food you can buy for that much money?

Data was compiled using the Northern New England Real Estate MLS System.

Posted in General
Share Views 5197 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments