Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Blogs > Roy Sanborn
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Site Navigation
» Quiz
» Articles - Information
» Recent Forum Threads
Big Boom
Yesterday 08:11 PM
by LongBay
Last post by Rvbuddy
Today 06:57 PM
12 Replies, 1,096 Views
The Breeze: By the Bay...
Today 02:08 PM
Last post by Biggd
Today 06:07 PM
4 Replies, 261 Views
HOA Forums
03-26-2024 03:42 PM
Last post by Dick52
Today 05:00 PM
13 Replies, 1,078 Views
Gilford’s new red “barn”
12-02-2023 11:33 AM
by Jeanzb1
Last post by map
Today 03:38 PM
61 Replies, 13,576 Views
Wolfeboro Hit and Run
08-13-2023 01:42 PM
Last post by codeman671
Today 01:08 PM
189 Replies, 56,518 Views
» Made in USA
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Mama, I'm Coming Home. Lakes Region Real Estate Market Report

Submit "Mama, I'm Coming Home. Lakes Region Real Estate Market Report" to Facebook Submit "Mama, I'm Coming Home. Lakes Region Real Estate Market Report" to Digg Submit "Mama, I'm Coming Home. Lakes Region Real Estate Market Report" to Google Submit "Mama, I'm Coming Home. Lakes Region Real Estate Market Report" to Twitter
Posted 10-13-2013 at 08:47 AM by Roy Sanborn

Mama, I'm Coming Home. Lakes Region Real Estate Market Report

If you are looking for a residential home in the Lakes Region of NH there is still plenty to choose from. There were an even 1,200 single family homes available as of October 1 in the twelve communities covered in this report. That’s down slightly from the 1,249 available last month and the 1,230 available last Oct 1. The average asking price is $502,146 and the median price point is $259,948. They should change that to the average “hoping for” price.

Over the years there have been hundreds of songs written about home sweet home. There are songs about leaving, going, and missing home in every genre including country, rock, and blues. Every generation has their favorites and you can kind of tell someone’s age by what songs they remember. I can pretty much guarantee that humming “My Old Kentucky Home” or “Won’t you Come Home, Bill Bailey?” will put you in a different age bracket than “Sweet Home Alabama.” You could say you definitely need a pre-1978 Lead Paint Disclosure form.

Rock and roll in the sixties was full of songs about homes. “Our House” by Crosby, Stills, and Nash should be the real estate theme song house. It’s a great song about a very, very fine house with two cats in the yard. That’s kind of like the American Dream unless you like pit bulls and then something like “Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynyrd Skynyrd would be more appropriate for you.

Probably one of the more famous songs about a dwelling was the “House of the Rising Sun” which was recorded by the Animals in 1964. That particular house was definitely not your grandmother’s type of home (if you get my drift) and was located way down in New Orleans. That’s a bit out of our local market.

The Beatles were pretty big on the home theme, too. They did songs like “When I Get Home” and “She’s Leaving Home.” In “Two of Us” we were “riding nowhere. Spending someone's hard earned pay. Two of us Sunday driving. Not arriving. On our way back home. We're on our way home.” I sing that a lot when I am out with buyers looking at houses, especially when they are not arriving at a conclusion about which house they will buy. And after a “Hard Day’s Night” showing property and I get home, you know I feel all right. That because “When I'm home ev'rything seems to be right.”

The Rolling Stones were feeling a little left out so they came up with “2000 Light Years from Home” which was not necessarily in the physical sense at the time. But my favorite was “Paint It Black” which was not really so much about a house as it was with Jagger ‘s obsession about that darn door. He’d sing “I see a red door and I want to paint it black” over and over again. He was kind of angry and real serious about it. Black must have been kind of a fad at the time but now red is more popular, just watch HGTV…

Simon and Garfunkle had the mega-mansion home hit “Homeward Bound” which you will think about every time you’re sitting in a railway station unless you’re at Burrito Me in Laconia (except, of course, if you go there right after reading this article.) Everyone on the “Sloop John B” just wanted to go home but Ozzie Ozbourne was more determined and just told his “Mama, I’m Coming Home!” Phil Collins was looking for someone to “Take Me (him, that is) Home” and John Denver thought he was on the right track with “Take Me Home, Country Road.” Today, Bon Jovi and Jennifer Nettles are a little more positive with “Who Says You Can’t Go Home?” As long as you have a good REALTOR® you can make that happen. Now that I have you humming, give me a call and we’ll go look at property...

Data compiled using the NNEREN MLS system as of 10/1/13

Posted in General
Share Views 5161 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments